Saturday, February 2, 2013

On Authors and Twigs


In this business--the writing business, that is--it's all too easy to get caught up with marketing our own books that we sometimes forget to reach out to our left and right and help others market theirs. I, myself, am guilty of this. True, we are in a very competitive line of work. But who says that we have to step over each other to reach the top? I believe that an author's competition isn't other authors; it's other forms of media, such as video games and movies. Book reading is slowly becoming a dying art, and if we (writers) don't stand together to promote, not just our own books, but READING in general, we may soon find ourselves in a world with very few readers. I have nothing against these other forms of media; I love a good movie just as much as the next guy. But I can't imagine a world where movies completely replace books, can you? So I suggest that we help each other out. You know the saying, "It's easy to break one twig, but it's near impossible to break a bundle of twigs"? Just something to think about.

So how about them Yankees? :)



Happy Readings,
Casey Sean Harmon
www.caseyseanharmon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment